Workers Compensation

Workers Compensation Lawyers in Newcastle


If you’ve recently been injured due to a workplace accident, you should consider talking to a workers compensation lawyer in Newcastle immediately.

At Bale Boshev Lawyers, we are committed to obtaining the best possible result for all our clients across Newcastle, the Central Coast and the Hunter Valley regions. We offer our clients a free initial case assessment and consultation, where we will listen to your situation and provide honest legal advice regarding your options.


Any employee, permanent or casual, who is injured whilst performing usual duties as part of their employment may be entitled to workers compensation. This includes any injury that happened on or off the premises, as well as during the course of a journey to and from work.

Injuries that can be claimed under workers compensation include accidents from lifting heavy objects, repetitive tasks, fly-in fly-out journeys and also psychological trauma which has affected your ability to work. It’s important that you talk to a compensation lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your situation. The legal team from Bale Boshev Lawyers can walk you through the legal process and determine whether you have a strong case.


Most employers in NSW are required to have workers compensation insurance. The insurance is in place to assist the employer with covering the costs of weekly payments, medical expenses and any other benefits that will help the worker recover and return to work.

Workers compensation insurance can also provide the following:


If you become injured or ill at work, your employer must provide first aid treatment if needed, and you must seek medical attention if required. You must inform your employer of your injuries as soon as possible after it occurs. Your employer would need to file your injury and report it to their insurer, or you can ask for the insurer’s details and inform them yourself.

Generally, the insurer will contact you and your employer to determine how to best support your recovery. Before accepting any refusals on your compensation, talk to one of our lawyers at Bale Boshev to ensure you are getting what you deserve.

You should also request a SIRA certificate of capacity from your doctor, which identifies any medical treatment you require, what type of activities you can do, a referral to a rehabilitation provider and any delays in your recovery. This information is vital in measuring the seriousness of your injuries and should be updated every 28 days to reflect your conditions.

If your claim has been denied by the insurer, you should seek the help of a compensation lawyer immediately. Most policies contain time limits, so it’s vital that you don’t let your case be forgotten.


At Bale Boshev Lawyers, our team has a wealth of knowledge in all aspects of workers compensation, and in most cases, we are able to offer representation on a no-win, no-fee basis. If you’re looking for a Workers Compensation lawyer in Newcastle, then contact us today.

Don’t let your injuries go unheard. Our lawyers, Ray Blissett, Joshua Hay, Ashley Davey and David Kolarovski, are specialists in workers compensation matters and will do their best to achieve the best possible results for you.

Talk to us today to see how Bale Boshev Lawyers can help you.


Workers compensation claims in NSW can typically take anywhere between one to two years to reach a successful conclusion. The length of the claim depends on the seriousness of your injuries, and what treatment you will require as a result.

Whilst it is possible to legally represent yourself when making a compensation claim, enlisting the help of a professional lawyer may increase your chances at success. Workers compensation matters are complex and will require a thorough understanding of the relevant laws, rights and entitlements.

Your work injury has the potential to have an ongoing effect on your life. Your legal team will be able to assess the impact of your injury and ask compensation for financial, physical and emotional damages. This can include the loss of wages, loss of enjoyment of life, medical and rehabilitation expenses, pain and suffering and so on.

In NSW, all employers are required to have workers compensation insurance, so you employer’s insurance will be responsible for paying your compensation.

Yes! The workers compensation scheme covers casual, part-time and full-time employees. It also includes some self-employed workers and people deemed to be workers. It’s best to talk to a compensation lawyer as soon as possible after your accident to determine whether you are able to file a legal claim.

Talk to one of our lawyers today, and let us fight for you.